Deniliquin Veterinary Clinic has a number of Vets experienced in all aspects of individual and flock problems in sheep.
As members of the Australian Sheep Veterinarians and being accredited under APAV, we are able to advise and test on a number of bio-security matters including Ovine Johnes Disease, Ovine Brucellosis and footrot.
We provide a service to producers that include:
- Obstetrical work including lambings, caesareans and prolapse treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment of pre and post lambing diseases in ewes including pregnancy toxaemia and nutritional deficiencies
- Advice on parasite control and management
- Diagnosis and treatment of sick sheep on an individual and flock basis
- Nutritional advice
- Pre-joining examination of rams
- Preparation of teaser rams by vasectomy or by the use of hormone treated wethers
- Semen collection , evaluation and freezing via Apiam Genetic Services
- We also provide an ultra-sound pregnancy testing service that enables you to most economically manage your ewes by optimising fertility in your flock and by assessing their future nutritional requirements.